27-Sep-2022 Board Meeting

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

6:30 pm via zoom


  • Approve Prior Meeting Minutes
  • Treasurer Report
  • Committee Reports
  • Unfinished Business
  • New Business
  • Executive Session

Call to order 6:31

John, Diane, Luis, Joel, Brian

Meeting is recorded in Zoom & link will be published with minutes

Minutes are not published on the website.  Minutes from 8/2 meeting were shared, reviewed, and approved.  Publishing issue will be fixed.

Treasurer Report

  • Balance Sheet and P&L were published via email.
  • Budget is positive to the year due to higher income from transfers & remotes
  • Routine audit has not been scheduled.

Committee Reports

  • ACC – Gregg Smith representing
    • Diane Lakey & Norma Catano have joined the ACC. 
    • 8 houses under construction with two just closed out.  Nothing coming in the pipeline.  2-3 closed in the next 30-60 days.
  • Roads Committee – Board discussion from Bill Paschal email updates
    • Get Andy on the Roads committee
    • Bill has a schedule & estimate for MLAW to evaluate the roads for ~$1000 and an schedule of November
  • Front Entrance Committee – Megan Klein via email briefing
    • The Entrance Committee and some invaluable volunteers have been very busy at the entrance. So much of this project is unseen. Above ground it looks slow and messy, I know. We appreciate your patience.
    • At the end of July, Joel Mitchell traveled to Oklahoma and picked up our underground water tank.
    • At the end of August, Steve Hooge excavated a hole and installed the water tank behind the rail fence on the exit side.
    • And just this past weekend, Ken Klein installed our submersible pump and irrigation controller.
    • Curtis Jeffrey filled the tank with water so we were able to test our system. Everything’s working!
    • Brush and trash have been cleared from the area behind the mailboxes.
    • Over the next week, the dirt mountain on the exit side of the entrance will be flattened and spread in the planting beds. Gary Jenkins is doing this work.
    • Once that is complete, we will install the main lines for irrigation. And then we wait until conditions are favorable for planting our drought-tolerant landscape.
    • The decoration (Paleface Ranch brand) for both sides of the island wall between the gates will be ordered once we know it will not take us over budget.
  • Suggestion for the committees to provide written reports in advance of board meeting

Unfinished Business

  • Discussion of future funds for roads. 
    • Board can choose to spend current available budget on an available option, but that will exhaust complete road budget.
    • Diane has prepared several scenarios accounting for inflation and accruals, but did not include crack seal.
    • Joel moved to schedule a special homeowners meeting on December 10th to address future funding for roads.  Diane seconded.
    • Dues increase must be filed by 12/31/22 to be effective for 2023 dues to be effective
    • Motion passed
    • Board will write ballot proposal offline
    • Board will send “save the date” as soon as possible
  • Board will defer decision on roads pending input from committee & engineer
  • Diane has contacted a new insurance provider

New Business

  • Board will send a note on appropriate use of the directory
  • Burn ban is back on

Joel moved to skip the executive section, Luis seconded.  Passed

Adjourned at 7:54