Tuesday, September 27, 2022
6:30 pm via zoom
- Approve Prior Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer Report
- Committee Reports
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Executive Session
Call to order 6:31
John, Diane, Luis, Joel, Brian
Meeting is recorded in Zoom & link will be published with minutes
Minutes are not published on the website. Minutes from 8/2 meeting were shared, reviewed, and approved. Publishing issue will be fixed.
- Balance Sheet and P&L were published via email.
- Budget is positive to the year due to higher income from transfers & remotes
- Routine audit has not been scheduled.
- ACC – Gregg Smith representing
- Diane Lakey & Norma Catano have joined the ACC.
- 8 houses under construction with two just closed out. Nothing coming in the pipeline. 2-3 closed in the next 30-60 days.
- Roads Committee – Board discussion from Bill Paschal email updates
- Get Andy on the Roads committee
- Bill has a schedule & estimate for MLAW to evaluate the roads for ~$1000 and an schedule of November
- Front Entrance Committee – Megan Klein via email briefing
- The Entrance Committee and some invaluable volunteers have been very busy at the entrance. So much of this project is unseen. Above ground it looks slow and messy, I know. We appreciate your patience.
- At the end of July, Joel Mitchell traveled to Oklahoma and picked up our underground water tank.
- At the end of August, Steve Hooge excavated a hole and installed the water tank behind the rail fence on the exit side.
- And just this past weekend, Ken Klein installed our submersible pump and irrigation controller.
- Curtis Jeffrey filled the tank with water so we were able to test our system. Everything’s working!
- Brush and trash have been cleared from the area behind the mailboxes.
- Over the next week, the dirt mountain on the exit side of the entrance will be flattened and spread in the planting beds. Gary Jenkins is doing this work.
- Once that is complete, we will install the main lines for irrigation. And then we wait until conditions are favorable for planting our drought-tolerant landscape.
- The decoration (Paleface Ranch brand) for both sides of the island wall between the gates will be ordered once we know it will not take us over budget.
- Suggestion for the committees to provide written reports in advance of board meeting
- Discussion of future funds for roads.
- Board can choose to spend current available budget on an available option, but that will exhaust complete road budget.
- Diane has prepared several scenarios accounting for inflation and accruals, but did not include crack seal.
- Joel moved to schedule a special homeowners meeting on December 10th to address future funding for roads. Diane seconded.
- Dues increase must be filed by 12/31/22 to be effective for 2023 dues to be effective
- Motion passed
- Board will write ballot proposal offline
- Board will send “save the date” as soon as possible
- Board will defer decision on roads pending input from committee & engineer
- Diane has contacted a new insurance provider
- Board will send a note on appropriate use of the directory
- Burn ban is back on
Joel moved to skip the executive section, Luis seconded. Passed
Adjourned at 7:54