10-3-17

Minutes 10-3-17 Board of Director’s meeting held at 2302 Improver Rd, Spicewood, TX
All five Board members were present; a quorum was met. 8 residents were in attendance.
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm
Prior Meeting Minutes : There were no corrections to the minutes of the July, 2017 meeting. David Davis made a motion to approve the minutes. Brenda Alvarado seconded. They were approved.
Officers : The new Board decided the following offices would be held:
President Karl Hancock; Vice President Brenda Alvarado; Treasurer Chrissy Carr; Secretary Sue Bennett; Director David Davis
Treasurer’s report: Chrissy Carr presented a 4 page report including a Draft 5 year cash forecast of project road maintenance, annual expenses and current 2018 approved projects. 2017-10-2 treasurer report There were no major changes since our annual meeting.
Committee reports:
ACC: There was no representative in attendance so an email report was read aloud. A metal storage building was approved. A new home on Likeness was approved. Note was made there have been several inquiries regarding barndominiums; they are being denied due to CCR restrictions.
RMC: There was no representative in attendance so an email report was read aloud. RMC report 2017-10-2
Unfinished Business:
CCRs – We have received only 64 Written Consent Forms. The Board will contact those owners who have not yet submitted their forms.
The Bylaw Amendment that was approved at the annual meeting was filed with the Travis County Clerk’s office on 10-2-17. Once we receive the confirmation, it will be entered on the website.
Front Entrance: David Davis has been weeding the beds. He obtained a bid for mowing and weed eating the front entrance of $75.00. We will contact Sergio when mowing is needed. There will be no contract. Other bids are pending for prepping the beds (mulching, weed block fabric, planting plants). There was a good response to the call for volunteers to prep the beds and paint the fence.
David made a Motion to have Sergio mow and weed eat the front entrance now. Chrissy seconded the Motion. It was unanimously approved.
Chrissy made a Motion to pay Gary Jenkins $250 each time we ask him to mow the subdivision road easements. Brenda seconded and it was unanimously approved.
Complaints:
The Board recently received two complaints. These are being addressed via letters.
New Business:
Road maintenance: We will ask the RMC to contact Big Tex to determine if they will repair several large cracks that have appeared on Oscar, just 3 months after they chip sealed the road. We will ask the RMC to obtain two more bids for the crack repair.
Annual meeting: Meeting will be held Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 12:30 pm. Agenda items may include discussion of a right hand turn lane and how to fund it as well as the pursuit of a contract with Briarcliff regarding becoming part of their ETJ. There will not be an election.
Pillar repair: The pillar by the front entrance gate has been damaged. It appears a large vehicle hit it. One of the planter boxes by the mailboxes was also hit and is in need of repair. We will contact the stonemason who worked on our pillars this summer for an estimate to repair.
Executive Session:
ACC – Steve Intres was named to fill the vacancy on the ACC to replace Khrisana Edwards who resigned.
RMC – Sheila Jenkins was named to fill the vacancy on the RMC to replace Monica Hooge who resigned.
Brenda made a Motion to form a new Committee. Chrissy Carr seconded the Motion. It was unanimously approved. The Boat Ramp and Park Committee consists of Abby Shelton, Amy Fraser and Danna Hancock.
The next Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, Nov 14th at 6:30 pm at Brenda’s house.
Meeting adjourned at 8:13 pm

Advertisements