09-Nov-21 Board Meeting

Call to order 6:31

  • All board members present (Brian ~30 minutes late)
  • Approve Prior Meeting Minutes
    • Move by Cindy, second by Luis.  Approve
  • Treasurer Report
    • Only two outstanding dues remaining to be collected
    • Expect 100% paid by end of November including late fees
    • Bank is now PNC.  Branch locations are the same.
  • Committee Reports
    • ACC (via Mindy on behalf of Gregg): Nothing significant to report
    • No Road Committee present
      • John updated on meeting with the road companies
      • Roads are in good shape & no urgent issue
      • Received estimate of ~$22k for sweep & top-coat
      • Past the weather period for optimum execution
      • Target taking action early summer ’22
      • Need more volunteers for the road committee
    • Front Entrance
      • Megan Klein shared the entrance committee report
      • Existing stone base will be re-used
      • Three quotes included in the report, but current Stokes quote does not reflect current plan
      • Sign replacement expected to be ~$30,000
      • Report includes a proposal to remove the center gate, replacing with landscaping and a pedestrian gate
      • Quote for plants and rough estimate for install included
      • Rainwater collection system would be needed to sustain plantings.  Quote for rainwater system included in the report
      • Irrigation quote received after report was published for ~$3500
      • Committee recommends a one-time assessment of $250/lot to supplement budget and fully execute the proposal
      • Committee needs feedback from the board by December 1 in order to prepare for the meeting
      • Committee would like inputs from the board on any oversights, vendor recommendations
      • Report is not ready for larger review beyond board meeting
      • Final report will be provided for publication to the full neighborhood in advance
      • Board will send feedback to Megan to distribute to the larger
  • Unfinished Business
    • Nothing to report
  • New Business
    • Several houses have small signs that may not comply with ACC
    • Monica commented that new state laws allow religious & political signs (with some restrictions).  Board needs to be aware of those rules before taking action.
    • John has engaged the PFR attorney to incorporate the new state laws
    • Sue has reserved the church for the Annual Meeting on January 22nd
      • Board votes in favor of hybrid meeting model
      • Board will find a solution for voting in a hybrid meeting
      • Board will have to prepare an absentee ballot to include the entrance assessment
      • Suggestion to include only one person per lot present in person
  • Executive Session
    • Road committee membership and activity

Joel moves to adjourn, Luis second

Meeting adjourned 7:36