06/03/2009

PRAI Board Meeting Minutes 6-3-09

Board Members Bill Paschall, Toby Newlin, Gail Finnegan, Megan Klein and Nancy Platt were present. Homeowners Robin Newlin, Lisa Jeffrey and Ken Klein were also present.

The previous meeting’s minutes were read and approved.

The treasurer’s report was reviewed and approved.

No additional HOA dues have been collected. Two ACC fees have been collected. A single transfer fee was received. Gail and Bill will protest the increase in taxes on HOA -owned property.

The Boat Ramp Area Improvement Committee
The survey was supposed to be completed Friday but the surveyor delivered the survey yet. The Committee would like to mark the survey points with steel rods driven into the ground. Mike Natinsky estimates the cost to be $200 – $300 for supplies. Bill moved to pay $200 for survey markers, Nancy seconded, no opposed.

The Committee has received two estimates for a bulkhead wall: Chapman Docks – vinyl wall would run $76,000 plus $14,000 for backfill. Signore Enterprises – steel wall would run $69,000 plus $4,000 engineering and $15,000 for backfill. Both would come to $90K.

Armadillo Excavating estimated a concrete or limestone wall could be built for $38K, plus materials.

Trey Angly estimated $50K, plus materials. This was an estimate for a wall larger than what the committee is proposing so the estimate should be lower.

In order to procure better estimates for concrete and limestone walls, we need to determine the depth to the solid footing under the sand. The committee would like to rent a backhoe to dig to determine the depth of the base. Mike Natinsky offered to pay half the cost of the backhoe. Megan moved to split the cost of renting the backhoe with Mike Natinsky to find out where the limestone bedrock is for the limestone/cement footers, provided Mike asked the contractors where the digging locations should be. Bill seconds, Gail abstains, motion passes.

Old Business

Gate Controller
The outgoing gate motor needs to be securely remounted on its pad. It needs new anchor bolts. Nancy has a hammer drill and Bill has bolts. Bill and Toby will fix.

Weed Spraying
The weeds along the subdivision roads have been sprayed.

New Business

Mowing Roadsides
The board agreed to reimburse Gary Jenkins for gas money for mowing the sides of the road in the subdivision.

Boat Ramp Repair
The boat ramp is being undercut by rainwater runoff. There is a gap between the underside of the ramp and the riverbed. Bill contact Steve Hooge who suggested contacting a weimming pool contractor to shoot gunnite into the gap. The company he suggested was Portland Cement. Bill and Gail will get quotes from contractors.

Bill will call Jim Hinton to discuss a water diversion scheme for the boat ramp.

Entry Light
Mike Natinsky suggested that the western-most street light at the entrance be moved so that it more effectively lit the gate area or that it be removed completely, saving the energy cost of having it on. At least one board member noted that this light is the only one visible approaching Paleface Ranch from the West at night. Gail will look into how much the light is costing monthly.

Covenant Violations
The board received a complaint about a trailer parked at 23528 Oscar Road. Bill will talk to the owner.

The next HOA Board meeting will take place on August 19, 2009 at Nancy Platt’s home at 2521 Improver Road at 7pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Megan Klein
PRAI Secretary

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s