05/04/2015

PALEFACE RANCH ASSOCIATION, INC.
REGULAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING — MAY 4, 2015
MEETING MINUTES

The following meeting minutes reflect the actions taken by the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Paleface Ranch Association, Inc. (the “Association”) at the regular meeting of the Board conducted on May 4, 2015 (the “Board Meeting”).

Location: 23600 Oscar Road, Spicewood, Texas 78669
Attending: John Byington (President), Charles Patterson (Vice President), Megan Klein (Secretary), Mindy Smith (Treasurer), Bob Madey (Director).

There were approximately ten property owners in attendance.

I. Meeting Called to Order at 7:03 p.m.

II. Approval of Minutes:

A. Minutes from the February regular Board meeting were reviewed and approved unanimously by the board

III. Approval of Financial Statements

A. The 2015 financial statement was reviewed and approved unanimously by the board.

B. Several property owners still have not paid their annual dues. Mindy Smith has sent letters to all homeowners that are late. A further letter will be sent by Mindy at the end of the 2nd qtr. in firmer language asking for payment.

C. It was also decided that a lien should be placed on the Webb’s property for consistent failure to pay dues. Mindy Smith to handle.

IV. Committee Reports:

A. Architectural Control Committee:
Four new applications were received by the ACC. One for a hot tub that was approved providing appropriate screen is used and the app fee was waived due to the minor nature of the project. One for multiple fences, which was approved the app fee was collected. Finally two new home requests at 23704 Oscar and 1508 Successor, both of which are under review.

B. Road Maintenance Committee:
John read Nancy’s report at the meeting as Nancy was unable to attend. The Board unanimously approved spending $15,990 to crack seal five roads outlined in the report. The Board further directed the ACC to have all new construction install a cement or asphalt apron on driveways. The ACC agreed to the change providing it is within the bounds of current CCR’s, Cody and Bob will investigate. Speed bumps were discussed and the general sentiment among home owners and board was negative. To slow traffic down Charles will investigate the cost of renting a radar sign. Finally $52,000 will be budgeted in 2016 for Oscar road maintenance.

V. Old Business:
Boat Ramp Parking Expansion Project
Our lawyer issued a Breach of Warrantee letter in order to either have Haas finish the job or void the contract so we can gave another contractor finish the project.

Lien on Webb Property
Mindy will look for the notarized letter and have it filed.

Oak Wilt Sign
Megan will buy a sign and have it mounted on the front gate.

Mailbox Cleaning and Staining
Gary has been given the go ahead and will be done in two months.

Process for Reporting, Addressing CCR Violations
Board members expressed concern over formalizing and instituting a process for handling complaints. Several modifications to the form and process were suggested and will be worked. John will edit the process to simplify and eliminate any public disclosure of named parties. The process and form (after an approval by the board) will be made public. It is still to be determined how a complaint will be made public.

Process for ACC Approval
Cody outlined current forms and check lists to be used. It was agreed that the process and forms seem to meet the current need for the ACC. Finally it was agreed that the CCR complaint form once approved could be used so that the ACC does not have to develop a duplicate process or form.

VI. New Business:
Gate – Repair and Battery Backup
At the meeting Megan agreed to continue to follow up with a vendor to repair the front gates. After the meeting a bid was received from a vendor with a price tag of $958.88 for gate repair and installing a battery back up. To date 3 Board members have responded with approvals to spend the funds.

Process for CCR Amendments
Broad discussions on the topic of CCR and changes to CCR’s ensued. No direction was set by the Board to address perceived needed changes. Several suggestions were made ranging from using resolutions at annual home owner meetings to establishing committees to address specific changes that were needed. No decision was made on how to proceed.

HOA Management Company Quotes
Mindy offered to continue to investigate and report back at the next home owner meeting.

CCR Violations / Complaints
Humble and Gibson water tanks, John will use the new complaint form and process and assign Bob to revisit with the homeowners. Mike Hellrung claimed that the ACC was not following their own rules with regard to the clearing of the adjoining property. The Board listened to the reasoning and determined that the ACC acted in compliance wit the rules that they have and that there was no basis for the complaint.

VII. The next HOA Board meeting will take place Monday, July 20, 2015 at John Byington’s home, 23409 Tres Coronas, at 7:00 p.m.

Annual meeting planning session (closed meeting) scheduled for Monday, July 27th at 7:00 PM.

VIII. Adjourned at 9:33 p.m.