03/29/2010

PRAI Board Meeting Minutes 3-29-10

Board members Bill Paschall, Toby Newlin, Gail Finnegan, Megan Klein and Mike Natinsky were present. Property owner Sue Bennett was also present.

The previous meeting’s minutes were read and approved.

The treasurer’s report was reviewed. Year to date, $45, 411.69 has been collected in Association dues. 150 lots have paid dues at $300.00. One property owner sent a dues check in the amount of $211.69. The treasurer’s report was approved.

Old Business

Punctured Tire
The Dudleys sent in a dues check that did not fully cover their amount due. The explanation was that the amount missing was the amount it had cost to replace a tire allegedly punctured by the front gate. Mike Natinsky made a motion that the treasurer contact the Dudleys and request they send the balance of their dues and inform them that the board has decided to pay for the tire. Motion was unanimously approved.

Camera Survey and Action
There are 159 lots and 136 owners. There were 45 responses to the survey. Voting participation was 32% of lots and 33% of owners. Taking into account those who have multiple lots, the survey results were: 23 – No Camera; 7 – Fake Camera; 17 – $7600 Camera; 4 – $15,000 Camera. Bill Paschall made a motion that based on the results of the survey the board not purchase a security camera at this time. It was seconded by Mike Natinsky and unanimously approved.

Lock Boxes
A property owner reported that the locks on several package boxes were broken. Megan will call the Spicewood Post Office to inquire about getting new locks and will also ask about used postal boxes.

New Business

LCRA
Stan Rountree, an LCRA representative would like to talk to the Association about dock maintenance, common swimming areas and general river issues. He will be asked to come to a board meeting.

Gate Report
One loop detector has been installed. The entrance has one and the exit has two – one to sense the arrival of a car and another to sense its departure.

New keypads and card readers can be obtained from American Fence Supply in Georgetown and AutoGate. Our equipment is AAS and both companies carry this line though not the exact models as our equipment is obsolete. For $599 a new card reader can be purchased that will bolt to the existing post; 50 cards will cost $212.

Mike Natinsky made a motion that the neighborhood be informed the card reader has been phased out and the two options to enter the neighborhood will be by entering a code into the keypad and by remote. Gail seconded, unanimously approved. Megan will inform the neighborhood by email.

Entry Cleanup
Megan will call Nancy Platt and Bethany Thoresen and ask that they head up a cleanup detail for the entry.

PEC Director
Ken Rigsby, PEC Director, would like to meet with members of the Association to get acquainted. The board is not interested in getting involved in politics and will not entertain having him speak at an HOA meeting.

The next board meeting will be held at Bill and Teresa Paschall’s home at 2303 Improver Road on Wednesday 19 May 2010.

Respectfully submitted,
Megan Klein
PRAI Secretary

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s