02/02/2015

PALEFACE RANCH ASSOCIATION, INC.
REGULAR BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING — FEBRUARY 2, 2015
MEETING MINUTES

The following meeting minutes reflect the actions taken by the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Paleface Ranch Association, Inc. (the “Association”) at the regular meeting of the Board conducted on February 2, 2015 (the “Board Meeting”).

Location: 23409 Tres Coronas Road, Spicewood, Texas 78669
Attending: John Byington (President), Charles Patterson (Vice President), Megan Klein (Secretary), Mindy Smith (Treasurer), Bob Madey

Property owners in attendance included Robin and Toby Newlin, Sue Bennett, Fran Raymond, Sheila Jenkins, Cody Gibson, Barbara and Dabney Cauley, Nancy Lambros, Florrie and David Davis, Carol Kight, Laurie Byington, and Bill Paschall.

I. Meeting Called to Order at 7:04 p.m.
II. Approval of Minutes:

A. Minutes from the December 1, 2014, regular meeting of the Board – motion to approve minutes as read.

By: Mindy Smith
2nd: Charles Patterson
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

III. Approval of Financial Statements

A. Final 2014 financial statement – motion to accept as presented

By: John Byington
2nd: Bob Madey
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

B. 2015 Approved Budget – motion to accept as presented

By: John Byington
2nd: Megan Klein
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

Several property owners still have not paid dues. Money still needs to be moved back into the boat ramp account from oak wilt. The oak wilt rebate is reflected in the 2014 financial statement.

Contacts need to be changed with insurance agent.

IV. Committee Reports:

A. Architectural Control Committee:
One application was submitted for a fence around a house and it has been approved. There are currently six homes under construction, all proceeding smoothly. The house at 1407 Likeness is two years past its construction deadline. The ACC will send a letter. If construction is not 100% complete by 31 March, the construction deposit will be docked $200/month. The water tanks on the property at 23605 Indian Divide Cove are inside the setback lines. There has been no response from the property owner. The ACC will try a couple more times to contact the property owner and then feels he must escalate to the HOA Board.

B. Road Maintenance Committee:
Nancy will get a quote from Rhoades Sealing in early March. If the quote comes in close to what is expected we’ll accept it without other quotes. Nancy will get a quote on partial chip seals for sections of the road torn up at driveways and around corners. Nancy will get a chip seal quote for Oscar Road for the 2016 meeting.

V. Old Business:
Boat Ramp Parking Expansion Project
The boat ramp parking lot looks finished but it’s not. There are issues: 1) The rock is 2″ and should be 4″; smaller rock presents a slipping hazard. 2) The berm doesn’t extend far enough toward the road. 3) The final grade is not correct; needs to be shaved off on the top and leveled on the bottom. 4) The car stops are there but they need to be continuous; there are gaps between them that a car could fit through.

Motion to send a certified letter within 45 days to the current contractor, through the Association’s attorney, stating that the Association considers the contract null and void due to issues explained in the engineer’s report.

By: John Byington
2nd: Bob Madey
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

Oak Wilt Trenching Update
The oak wilt trenching project was completed in December after several delays. The trench ended up being longer, 4300ft, due to growth of the disease center. The project cost ~$18,000.00, including $1700.00 for saw teeth. Brush clearing costs were $1677.88. Eric Beckers, from the Forest Service, will return in the spring to re-evaluate the trench. Money from the boat ramp fund was pulled over the pay the oak wilt trenching expenses.

Oak Wilt Sign

Motion to flood the neighborhood with oak wilt information through ACC communications, the new owner packet, email, website, and a sign for the front entry.

By: John Byington
2nd: Charles Patterson
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

Mailbox Cleaning and Staining

Motion to clean and stain the mailbox cover for $500.00.

By: John Byington
2nd: Mindy Smith
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

Motion to purchase a portable 150 gallon water tank to use at the front entrance for cleaning and watering

By: John Byington
2nd: Bob Madey
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

HOA Manager Subscription

Motion to kill the subscription for HOA Manager.

By: Mindy Smith
2nd: John Byington
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

VI. New Business:
HOA Management Company

Motion to investigate HOA management companies and secure bids to present to the community.

By: Mindy Smith
2nd: Charles Patterson
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

Process for Reporting/Addressing CCR Violations
The HOA Board will create a form for submitting HOA complaints. The process of handling complaints will be modified for shared responsibility to be appointed by the President. An email address will be set up to receive complaints and added to the contact information on the website. An email will be sent to all members appraising them when the new policy goes into effect.

Motion to develop and adopt a complaint form and process document with the recommended changes.

By: Bob Madey
2nd: John Byington
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

Process for ACC Approval
The process for ACC Approval has four sub-processes.

  1. Application – What does the ACC check?
  2. Monitoring Progress – Checklists and forms
  3. Final Walkthrough Checklist – If the ACC thinks the project is incomplete, what happens?
  4. ACC Violation – No application or Constructed out of spec

Approval of Minutes 7/15 Special Meeting

Motion to approve minutes as submitted.

By: Bob Madey
2nd: Charles Patterson
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

Approval of Minutes 10/25 Special Meeting

Motion to approve minutes as submitted.

By: John Byington
2nd: Bob Madey
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

CCR Violations
A complaint was received about Larry Feingersh running a business within the neighborhood. The board requested additional information about the complaint but did not receive a response.

Motion to close the complaint because no violation was discovered and no response was received when information was requested.

By: Bob Madey
2nd: Mindy Smith
Result: Approved (Unanimous)

A complaint was received about Karl Hancock running a dog kennel business. His website referred to a “boarding operation”. The website no longer mentions a kennel or selling dogs. This complaint has been resolved.

A complaint was received about speeding in the neighborhood. Speed bumps were briefly considered at the meeting but the idea was discarded due to maintenance problems, impact on insurance, and the obstruction of the progress of emergency vehicles.

VII. The next HOA Board meeting will take place Monday, May 4, 2015 at Charles Patterson’s home, 23600 Oscar Road, at 7:00 p.m.

VIII. Adjourned at 9:33 p.m.

Advertisements